Subject: Re: bug#35796: 26.1; tabulated-list-sort user-friendliness

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 04:35:43 +0200

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is a feature request for function `tabulated-list-sort' to make it
> more user-friendly.
>
> When the function is called interactively without a prefix-argument, it
> should prompt the user (using `completing-read'?) for which column to
> sort by (taken from the car of each element of `tabulated-list-format').
> When called with a prefix argument, that would be redundant since the
> prefix argument *is* the sort column.

It sorts based on the current column (I just tried it in a C-x C-b
buffer), and it seems to work fine for me.

> The mode should also have a means to directly and explicitly ask for the
> direction of sort. Here are a few implementation ideas for that, but any
> better one that you can come up would be fine by me:

It reverses the direction when you hit it twice, which seems logical to
me.  So I think this works as it should.
-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no