Subject: bug#35793: 27.0.50; Redundant "See" in the ELisp manual

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 18:00:19 -0300

Patch attached.
From 4ab8fb7dc8a8e131523aee947b9163c76efe876e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 17:35:04 -0300
Subject: [PATCH] Delete "See" before @xref or @pxref

* doc/lispref/positions.texi (Skipping Characters): Remove redundant
  "See" before cross references.  Change @xref to @pxref, which is
  more suitable when at the end of a sentence.  (Bug#35793)
---
 doc/lispref/positions.texi | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/lispref/positions.texi b/doc/lispref/positions.texi
index 527a3ab..7707793 100644
--- a/doc/lispref/positions.texi
+++ b/doc/lispref/positions.texi
@@ -840,8 +840,8 @@ Skipping Characters
 terminate it, and @samp{\} quotes @samp{^}, @samp{-} or @samp{\}.
 Thus, @code{"a-zA-Z"} skips over all letters, stopping before the
 first nonletter, and @code{"^a-zA-Z"} skips nonletters stopping before
-the first letter.  See @xref{Regular Expressions}.  Character classes
-can also be used, e.g., @code{"[:alnum:]"}.  See @pxref{Char Classes}.
+the first letter (@pxref{Regular Expressions}).  Character classes
+can also be used, e.g., @code{"[:alnum:]"} (@pxref{Char Classes}).
 
 If @var{limit} is supplied (it must be a number or a marker), it
 specifies the maximum position in the buffer that point can be skipped
-- 
2.7.4