Subject: Re: bug#35791: 12.1.2; Cannot preview anything, Latex found no preview images

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 15:03:30 +0900

Hi Pim and Reinhard,

> Op 5/21/2019 om 11:11 PM schreef Reinhard Kotucha:

>> you mention the "current version" of 'rungs' but nothing was changed
>> here for more than a decade.
>> 
>> Let me explain what rungs is and what it does.

...

>> You can also try with the previous release:
>> 
>> Extract
>> 
>> http://ms25.ddns.net/texlive/w32/ghostscript/tlgs-9.26.tar.xz
...

Thank you for detailed explanation of rungs and concrete procedure to
use prior version of tlgs.

>>>>> Pim Remkes <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hey Reinhard,
> Thank you for your explanation and your advice, I downloaded tlgs-9.26
> and used it instead of version 9.27,
> this fixed the issues and is a bit cleaner than using the MiKTeX
> ghostscript.

Pim, the problem you encountered with TeXLive 2019 is the same as
bug#35571 and bug#35696:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35571
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35696
, which are not yet resolved.  Ghostscript 9.27 does not work with
preview-latex when the default face of emacs has non-trivial foreground
color.

Anyway, I close your original bug#35791.

Best regards,
Ikumi Keita