Subject: bug#35791: 12.1.2; Cannot preview anything, Latex found no preview images

From: Pim Remkes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 15:08:24 +0200

Hello,

When using any preview command I get the error "LaTeX found no preview 
images". I did some googling but could not find a solution.

When using any preview command the following is output:
Running `Preview-LaTeX' on `c:/Users/Pim/TUE/2DI90/_region_' with 
``pdflatex -file-line-error 
"\nonstopmode\nofiles\PassOptionsToPackage{active,tightpage,auctex}{preview}\AtBeginDocument{\ifx\ifPreview\undefined\RequirePackage[displaymath,floats,graphics,textmath,sections,footnotes]{preview}[2004/11/05]\fi}" 
"\input" "{\detokenize{" "_region_.tex" "}}"''
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.19 (MiKTeX 2.9.6930 64-bit)
entering extended mode
LaTeX2e <2018-12-01>

No auxiliary output files.

(_region_.tex  !name(hw2.tex)
("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\tex/latex/base\article.cls"
Document Class: article 2018/09/03 v1.4i Standard LaTeX document class
("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\tex/latex/base\size10.clo"))
No file _region_.aux.

(c:/Users/Pim/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/latex
\preview.sty ("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 
2.9\tex/generic/luatex85\luatex85.sty")
(c:/Users/Pim/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/latex
\prtightpage.def)
(c:/Users/Pim/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/latex
\prauctex.def
No auxiliary output files.

(c:/Users/Pim/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/latex
\prauctex.cfg))
(c:/Users/Pim/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/latex
\prfootnotes.def)
Preview: Fontsize 10pt
Preview: PDFoutput 1
)  !name(hw2.tex) !offset(-3)
_region_.tex:15: Preview: Snippet 1 started
Preview: Tightpage -32891 -32891 32891 32891
_region_.tex:15: Preview: Snippet 1 ended.(527024+196611x20610617)
[1{C:/Users/Pim/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/pdftex/config/pdftex.map}]
_region_.tex:16: Preview: Snippet 2 started
_region_.tex:16: Preview: Snippet 2 ended.(553676+225995x16753580)
[2]
_region_.tex:17: Preview: Snippet 3 started
_region_.tex:17: Preview: Snippet 3 ended.(553676+225995x12824153)
[3]
_region_.tex:18: Preview: Snippet 4 started
_region_.tex:18: Preview: Snippet 4 ended.(553676+225995x19044610)
[4] )
(see the transcript file for additional information)<C:/Program 
Files/MiKTeX 2.
9/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmex10.pfb><C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 
2.9/fonts/
type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmmi10.pfb><C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 
2.9/fonts/type1/pu
blic/amsfonts/cm/cmmi7.pfb><C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 
2.9/fonts/type1/public/amsf
onts/cm/cmr10.pfb><C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 
2.9/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/c
mr7.pfb><C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 
2.9/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmsy10.pfb>
<C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/fonts/type1/public/amsfonts/cm/cmsy7.pfb>
Output written on _region_.pdf (4 pages, 61822 bytes).
Transcript written on _region_.log.

TeX Output exited as expected with code 1 at Sat May 18 14:58:30
LaTeX: LaTeX found no preview images

Besides this, the minibuffer displays "error in process sentinel: LaTeX 
found no preview images".
The _region_.pdf file is generated and each math formula is it's own page.

I've tried to reduce the input file to the bare minimum and have 
provided it in the attachments.

Kind regards,

Pim Remkes