Subject: Re: bug#35791: 12.1.2; Cannot preview anything, Latex found no preview images

From: Pim Remkes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 03:29:57 +0200

Hey,

I've gotten my setup working now but it took some more trouble then just 
switching to tex live. After having done this I had issues with the 
current version of 'rungs' included in tex live 2019. The issues I got 
were similar to https://bugs.ghostscript.com/show_bug.cgi?id=698680 if 
anyone is interested. I was able to fix this (for now) by making use of 
'mgs.exe' included with MiKTeX.

Kind regards,

Pim Remkes

Op 5/20/2019 om 12:09 PM schreef Ikumi Keita:
> Hi Pim,
>
>>>>>> Pim Remkes <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Hey,
>> I did some digging and it looks like the issue is located at
>> preview-parse-messages. The format has changed a little, for example,
>> there now is expected to be a . after "Preview: Snippet 1 started"
>> which is not the case any longer. Changing the regex to make the dot
>> optional has made the preview lines detectable but it then goes wrong
>> and does not go past the first preview snippet. Help with this would
>> be appreciated as I'm not too familiar with elisp and am a bit lost as
>> to what is happening here.
> It seems that this problem is the same as bug#35363:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35363
>
> Unfortunately, preview-latex can't help because the log output from
> MiKTeX does not provide, looking at the log you quoted in the previous
> message, mandatory information to locate the position in the buffer to
> put the generated image.
>
> If the preview-latex is vital for you, please consider to switch from
> MiKTeX to TeXLive: https://tug.org/texlive/
>
> If you have to continue to use MiKTeX, then please ask the developer of
> MiKTeX not to alter the output format of latex.
>
> Best regards,
> Ikumi Keita