Subject: bug#35791: 12.1.2; Cannot preview anything, Latex found no preview images

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 19:09:42 +0900

Hi Pim,

>>>>> Pim Remkes <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hey,
> I did some digging and it looks like the issue is located at
> preview-parse-messages. The format has changed a little, for example,
> there now is expected to be a . after "Preview: Snippet 1 started"
> which is not the case any longer. Changing the regex to make the dot
> optional has made the preview lines detectable but it then goes wrong
> and does not go past the first preview snippet. Help with this would
> be appreciated as I'm not too familiar with elisp and am a bit lost as
> to what is happening here.

It seems that this problem is the same as bug#35363:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35363

Unfortunately, preview-latex can't help because the log output from
MiKTeX does not provide, looking at the log you quoted in the previous
message, mandatory information to locate the position in the buffer to
put the generated image.

If the preview-latex is vital for you, please consider to switch from
MiKTeX to TeXLive: https://tug.org/texlive/

If you have to continue to use MiKTeX, then please ask the developer of
MiKTeX not to alter the output format of latex.

Best regards,
Ikumi Keita