Subject: [bug#35790] [PATCH 1/2] lint: Move the linting code to a different module.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 19:23:29 +0100

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>>> To try and move towards making programatic access to the linting code easier,
>>> this commit separates out the linting script, from the linting functionality
>>> that it uses.
>>
>> For the final version, please write a change log.
>
> Sure, any suggestions about how to write it? I wasn't sure whether to
> list everything that had been moved from (guix scripts lint) to (guix
> lint), or say that the file has moved, and list the things that have
> been moved back.

Actually, now that I've run make, that's spotted some problems in some
checks.

guix/lint.scm:198:17: warning: possibly unbound variable `texi->plain-text'
guix/lint.scm:406:8: warning: possibly unbound variable `texi->plain-text'
guix/lint.scm:737:36: warning: possibly unbound variable `fill-paragraph'
guix/lint.scm:738:36: warning: possibly unbound variable `fill-paragraph'
guix/lint.scm:743:20: warning: possibly unbound variable `fill-paragraph'

I don't think these are as easy to solve, as these functions come from
(guix ui).