Subject: Re: [bug#35790] [PATCH] scripts: lint: Handle warnings with a record type.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 10:39:32 +0200

Hi Chris,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Thanks, so if I set the bindtextdomain, things do indeed work
> better. So, regarding these two patches, I've got the following things
> on my mind...
>
>  - As they change so many things, I'm not sure what to add for the GNU
>    changelog at the end of the commit message?

I think you should try to write the commit log the usual way, by
listing every changed entity.  It’s a bit tedious, but it’s also a good
way to review everything (and Magit makes it relatively easy.)

Now, don’t lose your hair on it, it’s not the most important part of the
patch.  :-)

>  - Is it OK to break some of the translations, or should I fix some of
>    those as well?
>
>    - I'm thinking of the "proposed synopsis" related check specifically,
>      as I've changed what goes in to the translated string.

Actually I didn’t see the change you’re referring to, but maybe it
doesn’t matter much.

>  - How ready are these patches to merge? I don't know of any problems
>    with them, but I am making lots of changes.

I think it’s ready.

Thanks, and sorry for the delays!

Ludo’.