Subject: [bug#35790] [PATCH] scripts: lint: Handle warnings with a record type.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 09:44:33 +0200

Hello,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Rather than emiting warnings directly to a port, have the checkers return the
> warning or warnings.
>
> This makes it easier to use the warnings in different ways, for example,
> loading the data in to a database, as you can work with the <lint-warning>
> records directly, rather than having to parse the output to determine the
> package and location.

I like it!

Maybe we should just ignore the i18n issue for now and keep
already-translated messages in <lint-warning>.

One question I have: before, warnings would be emitted as we go; now, we
first collect all the warnings for a given package, and emit all of them
at once.  How does it look in terms of UX?

Perhaps an improvement would be to use SRFI-41 streams instead of lists
to address this issue, but… future work.  :-)

WDYT?

Ludo’.