Subject: Re: bug#35787: 26.2; gnutls: accessing raw server certificate data

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 15:44:42 +0200

Julian Scheid <[email-masked]> writes:

> So, to make this work it looks like I'd need either
>
> 1) the fingerprint, but using the hash function as required by the RFC, or
> 2) the certificate as a binary blob.

I think putting the signature itself in the process object (in addition
to all the details) makes some sense, but perhaps it's wastes
unnecessary memory...

There's gnutls-peer-status, and that could also be amended to return the
full certificate.  But, again, that's also called for virtually any TLS
connection.

Perhaps a new function to return the actual certificate?  And perhaps it
should just return the entire certificate chain?

Anybody got an opinion here?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no