Subject: bug#35784: emacs 26 crash

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 08:16:51 -0400

I'm able to reproduce using the latest emacs-26 branch (I don't have the
point releases checked out at the moment), both lucid and gtk3 builds.
It doesn't reproduce using master, there is a Lisp error (Symbol's
definition is void: new-frame) that interferes.

It actually crashes as soon as I close the *GNU Emacs* frame, no chance
to type M-x.  I modified the .emacs to this:

(defconst k-mark-dir (file-name-directory (or load-file-name buffer-file-name)))

(setq load-path 
      (append load-path 
	      (list (expand-file-name "emacs/k" k-mark-dir))))

(require 'k-core)
(require 'k-dir)
(require 'k-frame)
(require 'k-tabbar2)
(k-mode)

And then ran

    HOME=$PWD emacs .emacs

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> <close the *GNU Emacs* frame>
>
> I don't have any such frame at this point.  I have a single frame
> divided into 2 windows, one of them showing *GNU Emacs*, the other
> showing *scratch*.

> Did you try reproducing outside your home directory, after replacing
> "~marc/emacs/k" with something explicit, and then using "emacs -q -l
> .emacs"?  Because this is what I did, I cannot afford overwriting my
> personal .emacs file.

When doing it this way, only one frame gets created, I guess because
~/.emacs is loaded earlier than -l foo.el.