Subject: bug#35771: [PATCH] Customization type of recentf-max-saved-items

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 14:13:09 +0100

severity 35771 minor
quit

Dario Gjorgjevski <[email-masked]> writes:

> The customization type of recentf-max-saved-items is currently defined
> as integer, which does not include nil in its domain.  However, setting
> this variable to nil is supported in the code and also documented.

Indeed.

> This patch changes the customization type to explicitly allow for the
> variable to be set to nil through the Customization interface and
> similar.

The change LGTM, thanks.

> (Please note that I copied the type from save-place-limit in order to
> be consistent.)

(I'm curious as to why :value is set to 1 rather than the default values
20 and 400 of the user options recentf-max-saved-items and
save-place-limit, respectively.  Not an important issue, though.)

> From a62b4c6208f9d64bc49499855e65ae9b9a55b01e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Dario Gjorgjevski <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 11:46:54 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH] Customization type of recentf-max-saved-items

See the outlines "Commit messages" and "Generating ChangeLog entries"
in the file CONTRIBUTE for the preferred commit message format.
In particular, it should mention the names of the file and variable
changed, as well as the bug#number.

The change is small enough to be exempt from copyright paperwork,
but if you are interested in contributing more in the future,
I recommend starting the assignment process early;
see (info "(emacs) Copyright Assignment").

Thanks,

-- 
Basil