Subject: bug#35769: Local .bash_history cleared when tramp-histfile-override is set to t

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 10:08:54 +0200

Wanrong Lin <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Wanrong,

> Yes, please commit your work.
>
> I have never run tramp outside the stock Emacs, but I can certainly
> give the package-install a try on tramp after you code is in.

I've prepared an intermediate ELPA package Tramp 2.4.1.50 for you. Tramp
as ELPA package will appear for the very first time end of June.

Next message (off-list) I will send two files to you, tramp-2.4.1.50.tar
and archive-contents. Pls copy them into any directory, let's say /tmp.

In your .emacs, add the following forms:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(require 'package)
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("local" . "/tmp/"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

When you open your *Packages* buffer, you'll see an entry like

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  tramp              2.4.1.50      new        local      Transparent Remote Access, Multiple Protocol
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Install it. Maybe you need to restart Emacs, don't know. When you run
your test, check variable `tramp-version'. It shall have the value "2.4.1.50".

> Wanrong

Best regards, Michael.