Subject: bug#35746: closed (Re: bug#35746: Evolution calendar gets the timezone wrong)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 11:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35746: Evolution calendar gets the timezone wrong

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35746: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35746
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35746: Evolution calendar gets the timezone wrong
From: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>, sirmacik <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 22:27:02 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Marius B. advised that the Evolution timezone issue was addressed in
2a80d9e55299214a3f0b4f585767b4c81c9d5c7d. I hadn't noticed, but can
confirm that my times are now showing up perfectly in Evolution and
Gnome Calendar, yay thanks! Epiphany is also showing the correct
timezone now for me with `new Date().getTimezoneOffset()`.

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> sirmacik <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> This problem seems to be also present also for other programs such as
>> GNU IceCat which reads UTC timezone every time, despite Europe/Warsaw
>> being set in my config.scm.
>
> I can confirm this (it’s not clear that it relates to the
> evolution-data-server issue.)
>
> I vaguely remember that we once had an explanation to the IceCat
> timezone issue but I can no longer find it…  Does it ring a bell to
> anyone reading this?

IceCat and Chromium are still showing UTC for me, so that issue is
clearly not directly related to the now fixed Evolution issue. Will
close this bug report since it's about Evolution.

Regards,
Ben

Subject: Evolution calendar gets the timezone wrong
From: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 23:16:37 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Folks,

My Guix System is configured with (timezone "Australia/Melbourne") which
is reflected by the `date` command as well as the Gnome clock.

$ date
Wed May 15 23:03:34 AEST 2019

In Evolution though, all my calendar events show up in UTC time, so I
have appointments showing up at eg. 1am.

When I go to Edit, Preferences, Calendar and Task, General, under
timezone it says:

[x] Use system time (UTC)

The timezone can be overridden manually by unchecking the box and selecting at
timezone, which fixes the problem but shouldn't be necessary.

For what it's worth, the Gnome 3 notifications that show when you click on the
Gnome clock are in the correct timezone.

Regards,
Ben