Subject: Re: bug#35746: Evolution calendar gets the timezone wrong

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 19:51:39 +0200

Hi Ben,

Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I've downloaded the source with `guix build --source
> evolution-data-server`, extracted and found the the function
> "e_cal_util_get_system_timezone()" at src/calendar/libecal/e-cal-util.c:1507
> which calls down to "system_timezone_find()" in e-cal-system-timezone.c:522
> where it looks up the timezone and compares it to a list of valid zones.

Looking more closely, ‘system_timezone_find’ first tries to see if
/etc/localtime is a symlink and if yes reads its target (but it’s never
a symlink, AFAIK), and later on tries to compare /etc/localtime to files
found under ‘SYSTEM_ZONEINFODIR’.

Problem is:

  #define SYSTEM_ZONEINFODIR "/usr/share/zoneinfo"

So probably, if you substitute “/usr/” with the prefix of the ‘tzdata’
package, it’ll work much better.  :-)

Let me know how it goes!

Ludo’.