Subject: Re: [bug#35741] [PATCH] gnu: Add libdbusmenu.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 17:29:26 +0200

Hello,

Meiyo Peng <[email-masked]> skribis:

>>> +         ;; The shebang of the generated test files should be patched before
>>> +         ;; enabling tests.
>>> +         "--disable-tests")
>>
>> It would be nice if you could follow up with a patch to run the tests.
>
> Will try.

Great.

> libdbusmenu-glib, libdbusmenu-gtk, and some files in tools are dual
> licensed under LGPLv2.1 and LGPLv3.  The rest files are licensed under
> GPLv3.  For example:
>
> #+begin_example
>   https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dbusmenu-team/libdbusmenu/trunk.16.10/view/head:/tests/json-loader.c
>   https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dbusmenu-team/libdbusmenu/trunk.16.10/view/head:/tools/dbusmenu-dumper.c
> #+end_example
>
> So we should clarify it further.

I’d argue that ‘license’ is about the license of what we install, so the
license of the tests or build scripts (say) doesn’t matter much, but
‘dbusmenu-dumper’ is presumably something we install.  So I agree:
further clarification is welcome!

Thanks for explaining,
Ludo’.