Subject: bug#35740: 26.1; scroll bar jaggies / tearing

From: Bob Hepple <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 09:06:49 +1000

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.23.2)
 of 2018-08-13 built on buildvm-13.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12004000
System Description:    Fedora release 29 (Twenty Nine)

Recent messages:
.emacs.d/modules/ohai-ido.el: ‘flet’ is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use
either ‘cl-flet’ or ‘cl-letf’.
Loading rich-minority...done
Loading smart-mode-line...done
Loading /home/bhepple/.emacs.d/user.el (source)...
Loading /home/bhepple/.emacs.d/gk-ibuffer.el (source)...done
Loading /home/bhepple/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
Loading /home/bhepple/.emacs.d/user.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark saved where search started

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets --with-modules
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong -grecord-gcc-switches
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_AU.utf8
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  popwin-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  rich-minority-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-ethan-wspace-mode: t
  ethan-wspace-mode: t
  ethan-wspace-clean-many-nls-eof-mode: t
  ethan-wspace-clean-no-nl-eof-mode: t
  ethan-wspace-highlight-eol-mode: t
  ethan-wspace-highlight-tabs-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-table hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-table
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-icalendar hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-mhe hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-odt hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-org hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-compat hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-comint hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-duration hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-duration
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-exp hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-lua hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-lua
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-python hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-processing hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-processing
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-ditaa hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-coq hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-coq
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-capture hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-lilypond hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-ctags hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-hledger hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-hledger
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-mouse hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-perl hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-archive hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-css hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-indent hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-mobile hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-makefile hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-faces hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-gnuplot hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-calc hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-abc hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-abc
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-lint hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-lint
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-datetree hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-shell hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-shell
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-sass hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-forth hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-forth
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-element hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-element
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-entities hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-eshell hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-colview hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-bbdb hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-sql hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-haskell hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-publish hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-inlinetask hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-pcomplete hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-src hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-src
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-ref hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-beamer hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-protocol hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-docview hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-gnus hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-feed hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-sqlite hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-eww hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-eww
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-version hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-version
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-list hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-list
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-plantuml hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-lisp hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-java hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-lob hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-timer hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-clojure hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-C hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-core hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-ocaml hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-emacs-lisp hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-plot hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-ascii hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-bibtex hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-info hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-info
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-rmail hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-footnote hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-groovy hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-groovy
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-w3m hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-clock hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-screen hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-J hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-J
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-texinfo hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-tangle hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-octave hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-sed hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-sed
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-habit hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-ledger hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-md hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-matlab hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-install hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-install
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-ruby hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-shen hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-org hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-eval hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-js hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-table hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-fortran hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-agenda hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-crypt hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-picolisp hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-stan hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-stan
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-vala hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-vala
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-io hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-scheme hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-macs hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-irc hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-mscgen hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-ebnf hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-ebnf
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-id hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-id
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-R hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-man hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-macro hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-attach hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ox-html hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-keys hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-awk hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-maxima hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/org-loaddefs hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-dot hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/bhepple/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/ob-asymptote hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail smex misearch multi-isearch
add-log vc-src org-eldoc org-eww org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr org-docview doc-view
jka-compr org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m .emacs vc vc-dispatcher
popwin windmove hl-line ps-ccrypt server recentf tree-widget gk-ibuffer
ibuf-macs ibuffer-vc indent-tools yafolding indent-tools-indentation-of
ohai-smart-mode-line smart-mode-line-light-theme smart-mode-line
rich-minority ohai-help which-key ohai-orgmode org-cliplink
org-cliplink-transport org-cliplink-string em-glob esh-util org-element
avl-tree generator org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ohai-project projectile grep compile
comint ansi-color ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs ohai-dired dired+
image-dired image-mode format-spec image-file bookmark+ bookmark+-key
derived bookmark+-1 bookmark+-bmu bookmark+-lit bookmark pp dired-x
dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs ohai-codestyle ethan-wspace ohai-complete
company-emoji company-emoji-list company-quickhelp pos-tip
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags xref project
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company pcase ohai-editing
elec-pair ohai-navigation anzu thingatpt avy ohai-ido flx-ido flx
ido-vertical-mode ido-completing-read+ memoize minibuf-eldef ido
ohai-general autorevert filenotify delsel iso-transl ohai-fonts
ohai-appearance advice diminish which-func imenu hlinum linum term
disp-table ehelp ohai-set-path exec-path-from-shell ohai-startup-wizard
ohai-personal-taste ohai-update ohai-module-selector cus-edit wid-edit
ohai-module-index ohai-lib f dash s ohai-package use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core paradox
paradox-menu paradox-commit-list hydra ring lv paradox-execute
paradox-github paradox-core spinner subr-x cl-extra help-mode cl paren
cus-start cus-load finder-inf info edmacro kmacro package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 636948 101912)
 (symbols 48 49456 2)
 (miscs 40 1253 6535)
 (strings 32 163905 48166)
 (string-bytes 1 4592363)
 (vectors 16 84249)
 (vector-slots 8 2127567 299808)
 (floats 8 303 477)
 (intervals 56 4448 2270)
 (buffers 992 14))

When I drift the sprite (mouse cursor) in and out of emacs the scroll
bar goes a little bit crazy with animated jaggies running up and down
its length. No other window (eg terminals, firefox etc) shows this
artifact.

I've put up a video of the glitch at https://youtu.be/EMa1OWDhVS4. It
shows both emacs -Q and plain emacs running.

The hardware is hardly underpowered - Dell XPS L502X i7 laptop with
intel graphics.

    this is fedora-29 and emacs-26.1-6.fc29.x86_64 as well as emacs-26.2
    compiled from source

    the problem occurs with 'emacs -Q' as well as plain 'emacs'

    the problem occurs with i3wm and lxde but is resolved with compton
    or any compositing WM such as gnome

    the problem is not resolved with kvm/modesetting driver instead of
    xorg-x11-drv-intel

    the problem is resolved with emacs compiled with the athena/motif
    or lucid toolkits

    the problem is slightly alleviated by using emacs compiled with the
    gtk2 toolkit

    the problem does not occur on my media servers - 55" TV via HDMI
    with lxde on fedora-29 or raspbian

    one person has reported (on /r/emacs) that they can duplicate the
    problem on their laptop (an XPS 13 Haswell) as well as an AMD Vega
    desktop

While an extremely minor annoyance, it remains irritating and shows
emacs in a bad light. Is it possible that emacs is doing something weird
/ sophisticated with the scroll bar?