Subject: bug#35739: Bad signature from GNU ELPA

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 08:13:43 +0100

On Wed, 15 May 2019 at 03:42, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 23:42:31 +0100
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> >
> > ... and (apologies) I don't have a copyright assignment on file, so I'll
> have to
> > leave it to Somebody to do TRT.
>
> The change is small enough for us not to be bothered by that.
>

OK, then I have another reason to leave it to someone else: I don't
understand the code in "package.el" and "url.el" well enough to be
confident making changes there.

The attached patch is less stupid, in that it doesn't have the
potential to break all the users of url-retrieve. Still, I'm not
asserting it's a sound or complete fix, or recommending it for
inclusion in Emacs. It does get rid of the error from my recipe.