Subject: bug#35734: Broken link on gnu.org

From: Brian Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 11:30:12 -0700

Hi there,

I noticed that you have a broken link to Compaq.com. That site was first
published way back in 1996 but unfortunately, it is no longer a working
website.

You link to Compaq on this page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/libtool.html

We recently published an article that explains what happened to
Compaq.  I think
it's an interesting story, and it could be useful to your readers.

Here's the article if you want to take a look:
https://www.pcguide.com/news/what-happended-to-compaq/

Would you consider swapping out the broken link for our article?

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
-Brian

-- 
*Brian Stone*
Founder
https://www.pcguide.com/