Subject: Re: bug#35716: Password security bugs in LUKS configuration during guided install

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 12:17:28 +0200

Hi sirmacik,

sirmacik <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I've asked on IRC if those bugs were known but apparently no, so here
> they are:
>
> - during guided installation with LUKS encryption one is not able to
>   enter password longer then length of field;

Good catch!

Commit ef250707d3303d58ae00fe8f461701e7fa788d8a fixes it for the
passphrase, the root password, and user passwords.

> - in the same field password is shown during typing (lets one see bug
>   above, characters typed after reaching length of field are simply
>   not recorded);

This has been addressed recently:
<https://issues.guix.info/issue/35540>.

Thanks for your report!

Ludo’.