Subject: bug#3570 closed by Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#3570: 23.0.94; vc-default-revision-granularity missing argument)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:05:08 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs,vc package:

#3570: 23.0.94; vc-default-revision-granularity missing argument

It has been closed by Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3570: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3570
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#3570: 23.0.94; vc-default-revision-granularity missing argument
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Magnus Henoch <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:57:30 -0400

> The function vc-default-revision-granularity should accept a backend
> argument, but doesn't.  This gives users of outdated third-party VC
> backends confusing error messages at times.

Thanks.  I've simply removed it, since the default error message works
just as well (and better than `wrong arg number' in any case).

        Stefan

Subject: 23.0.94; vc-default-revision-granularity missing argument
From: Magnus Henoch <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:26:25 +0100

Package: emacs,vc
Severity: minor

The function vc-default-revision-granularity should accept a backend
argument, but doesn't.  This gives users of outdated third-party VC
backends confusing error messages at times.

To reproduce:
(progn
  (provide 'vc-foo)
  (vc-call-backend 'foo 'revision-granularity))

Expected: (error "Your backend will not work with this version of VC mode.")
Actual result: wrong-number-of-arguments

Regards,
Magnus