Subject: bug#35695: 27.0.50; Faces diff-added and diff-removed look the same in a 256 color terminal

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 20:48:03 +0200

Hi!

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 7:59 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>   I think we should go back to the old values when min-colors is 256
>   or less.
>

Sounds good to me.

I just gave the following a try. It seems to be working, but I'd like to
double check the details so that I haven't missed a face. (Dark mode isn't
affected, as far as I can see.)

diff --git a/lisp/vc/diff-mode.el b/lisp/vc/diff-mode.el

index a26e9ee..079806d 100644--- a/lisp/vc/diff-mode.el
+++ b/lisp/vc/diff-mode.el@@ -314,8 +314,10 @@ diff-hunk-header
(defface diff-removed
   '((default
      :inherit diff-changed)-    (((class color) (min-colors 88)
(background light))+    (((class color) (min-colors 257) (background
light))      :background "#ffeeee")+    (((class color) (min-colors
88) (background light))+     :background "#ffdddd")     (((class
color) (min-colors 88) (background dark))
      :background "#553333")
     (((class color))@@ -325,8 +327,10 @@ diff-removed (defface diff-added
   '((default
      :inherit diff-changed)-    (((class color) (min-colors 88)
(background light))+    (((class color) (min-colors 257) (background
light))      :background "#eeffee")+    (((class color) (min-colors
88) (background light))+     :background "#ddffdd")     (((class
color) (min-colors 88) (background dark))
      :background "#335533")
     (((class color))@@ -2040,8 +2044,10 @@ diff-refine-changed
(defface diff-refine-removed
   '((default
      :inherit diff-refine-changed)-    (((class color) (min-colors
88) (background light))+    (((class color) (min-colors 257)
(background light))      :background "#ffcccc")+    (((class color)
(min-colors 88) (background light))+     :background "#ffbbbb")
(((class color) (min-colors 88) (background dark))
      :background "#aa2222"))
   "Face used for removed characters shown by `diff-refine-hunk'."

    -- Anders Lindgren