Subject: Re: bug#35690: Installer error: Unable to locate keymap update file

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 19:19:40 +0200

Ave Matt,

Lorem Ipsum <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> $ gpg --verify guix-system-install-1.0.0.x86_64-linux.iso.xz.sig
>          gpg: assuming signed data in
> 'guix-system-install-1.0.0.x86_64-linux.iso.xz'    gpg: Signature made
> Wed, May  1, 2019  4:12:23 PM EDT                           gpg:
>          using RSA key 3CE464558A84FDC69DB40CFB090B11993D9AEBB5
> gpg: Good signature from "Ludovic Courtès " [unknown]             gpg:

OK, good signature

[...]

> $ sha512sum guix-system-install-1.0.0.x86_64-linux.iso
>          5b295c0db41c8ea896fc7eb693d25c311d473cbcc0ee95b959b2b63a8026a604f19d2f3299b1dc1451fc99459639a2f8d340204a5946bc5f921a402bf11bb8e3
> *guix-system-install-1.0.0.x86_64-linux.iso

this is also what I get:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ sha512sum guix-system-install-1.0.0.x86_64-linux.iso 
5b295c0db41c8ea896fc7eb693d25c311d473cbcc0ee95b959b2b63a8026a604f19d2f3299b1dc1451fc99459639a2f8d340204a5946bc5f921a402bf11bb8e3  guix-system-install-1.0.0.x86_64-linux.iso
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> Regarding the "retry" option in the installer, I can't say whether or not I
> used it.  I attempted several times with various configurations and don't
> recall the specific one which produced the output I gave you.

you can see this bug has been merged with #35700 that in turn is related
to #35543: "Installer cannot be restarted after a failed install"

are you able to reproduce this bug when _not_ restarting the installer?

> Anecdotally, I can say that "Unable to locate keymap" error occurred
> whenever MATE was selected for my DE.

can you please try to reproduce this bug and file a new one if this
happens?

[...]

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures