Subject: bug#3569: sql-statement not propperly highlighted in sql-mode and pl-sql-mode

From: "willi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:31:23 +0200

enter that into a buffer with plsql-mode or sql-mode:
ALTER TABLE "testtable" RENAME COLUMN before TO after;
sql-mode:                -               -
pl-sql-mode              -               +        +

-: not highlighted but should
+: highlighted but shouldnt

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10402000
configured using `configure  '--build=i486-linux-gnu' '--host=i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs22:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/22.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/22.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/22.2/leim' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=athena' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: PL/SQL

Minor modes in effect:
  delete-selection-mode: t
  pc-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
  utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<C-down-mouse-1> C-x k <return> <C-down-mouse-1> C-r 
p l C-x C-f s r c o <backspace> / o 2 3 <backspace> 
/ s q l <tab> o r <tab> u p <tab> r e <tab> <return> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 
<drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> 
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> 
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> 
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> 
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> 
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> 
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <S-insert> 
M-x p l <tab> q <backspace> s q <tab> m o <tab> <return> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> 
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> 
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> 
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
C-_ C-_ <S-insert> <up> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> 
<C-S-left> f <backspace> t e s t t a b l e <end> <left> 
<C-S-left> t e s t c o l u m n <down-mouse-3> <mouse-3> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <S-up> <C-insert> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> <down> <down> 
<S-insert> <up> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-S-left> 
t e s t t a b l e <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-S-left> 
b e f o r e <C-right> <C-right> <C-S-left> a f t e 
r C-a <S-down> <C-insert> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
M-x r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
undo-more: No further undo information
Mark set [3 times]
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
Auto-saving...done
line-move-1: End of buffer
Mark set [5 times]
Auto-saving...done
Making completion list...
Loading emacsbug...done