Subject: bug#3568: 23.0.94; no doc for character composition

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 08:07:40 +0300

> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > > What the bug report mentions.  I don't think that a doc string for
> > > one command covers this topic.
> > 
> > Well, I think it does.  You could change my mind by telling what is it
> > that you miss in that doc string.
> 
> I'd like an explanation of character composition, in the Elisp manual.

Would copying the doc string of compose-region into the manual do what
you want?  If not, what in that doc string is missing or not explained
well enough?

> As one user, I know nothing about this.  And I still know nothing
> about it after reading that doc string.  FWIW.

I don't understand this claim.  You certainly know what the doc string
says, which is definitely not "nothing".

Is this a serious bug report?  If it is, would you please help me
understand what is missing in the documentation, by at least answering
my questions, if not by elaborating some more about the problem?  TIA.