Subject: [bug#35666] [PATCH 0/2] Build a thread-safe hdf5 library

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 11:56:30 +0200

Hello!

A colleague of mine noticed that our ‘hdf5’ library wasn’t
thread-safe.  Turns out there’s an option to make it thread-safe (oh!),
it’s turned off by default (oh?!), and when you pass it ‘configure’
invites you to turn off no less than C++, Fortran, and the high-level
interface (d’oh!).

It also tells you that, if you insist, you can go ahead and pass
‘--enable-unsupported’, but you’re on your own.

We found that Debian chose to pass ‘--enable-unsupported’, and indeed
that seems to be saner than providing a variant that does very little,
but does it in a thread-safe way.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  gnu: hdf5: Build a thread-safe library.
  gnu: hdf5: Add dependency on Perl.

 gnu/packages/maths.scm | 15 +++++++++++++--
 1 file changed, 13 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0