Subject: bug#35662: Really relocatable binaries crash with Permission denied

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 13:02:57 +0200

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 05:20:25PM +0200, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:
> Hello Ludovic and Florian,
> 
> I cannot help here, just some thoughts
> 
> as you probably already know, Florian, ZFS is not supported in Linux for
> various reasons, above all for a controversial licensing problem [1]
> 

I had forgotten.  I remember now that I heard about this.

>From a Guix point of view, I believe this maybe should be a
WONT-FIX/NOT-OUR-BUG.  I will try and set up current ZFS 0.7.13 and
test if guix pack -RR works there in a week.

Feel free to skip this unless you are interested:

I asked the admins again.  They are using Proxmox 5.4.  They say they
have disabled user namespaces by commenting the corresponding line in
the Proxmox config file (but I am unsure if this just disables Linux
Container use of user namespaces or something).  They use the ZFS from
Proxmox.  I looked and found confirmation that this Proxmox uses
current ZFS 0.7.13 at:

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap

http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve/dists/stretch/pve-no-subscription/binary-amd64/

> I agree, this seems a zfsonlinux bug: Florian please can you report it
> upstream to zfsonlinux?
> 

I will try to reproduce on a private PC in a week, then I can report.

Regards,
Florian