Subject: bug#35649: 12.1.2; Creating a beamer document fails

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 00:45:17 +0900

Hi Jonas and Arash,

>>>>> Jonas Neundorf <[email-masked]> writes:
> I try to create a beamer document by opening a .tex file and
> inserting the document environment with C-c C-e in auctex 12.1.2. It fails with the message:

> Symbol's value as variable is void: LaTeX-hyperref-package-options-list

Thanks for the report.  Arash, it turned out that our expectation[1] was
not correct.  The style file beamer.el requires to be processed with
`TeX-run-style-hooks' in order to obtain its class options for use with
completion.  Just loading it with `TeX-load-style' is not enough because
hyperref.el, which defines the variable
`LaTeX-hyperref-package-options-list', is loaded only through
`(TeX-run-style-hooks ... "hyperref" ...) in the style hook created with
`(TeX-add-style-hook "beamer" ...)'.

What way should we take?  To partially revert the change discussed in
[1]?  Or to fix the style file each time similar problem occurs?  Or
somethig else?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita

[1]
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2018-11/msg00028.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2018-11/msg00029.html