Subject: Re: bug#35645: Fix icalendar--add-diary-entry/diary-make-entry interaction

From: Ulf Jasper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 19:53:25 +0200

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the patch(es)!

Am 08.05.2019 um 23:40 (-0400) schrieb Thomas Fitzsimmons:

> The attached patch, icalendar-diary-make-entry-fix-1.patch, adds
> omit-trailing-space and do-not-show parameters to diary-make-entry to
> allow it to operate more like a library function and less like an
> interactive function.

This patch (icalendar-diary-make-entry-fix-1.patch) looks good to me,
particulary from icalendar's point of view.  Unit tests are not
affected.

> To keep the code mostly the same (so that I don't need to factor out
> another function), I've changed the original logic by adding a
> with-current-buffer wrapper, as shown in simplified form in
> diary-make-entry-with-current-buffer.patch.  I'm hoping this keeps the
> default diary-make-entry logic exactly the same, but I'd like
> confirmation from someone more familiar with the subtleties of window
> and buffer manipulation.

The other patch file (diary-make-entry-with-current-buffer.patch) need
not be applied.

Maybe someone could confirm that the diary and the window/buffer things
are ok.  I could then apply the patch.