Subject: bug#35640: Make USB modems just work on Guix

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:51:20 +0200

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 02:21:05PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:
> > On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 07:44:37PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> >> >> +                 (substitute* "usb_modeswitch_dispatcher"
> >> >> +                   (("!/usr/bin/tclsh")
> >> >> +                    (string-append "!" jimtcl "/bin/jimsh"))
> […]
> I meant that the ‘patch-shebangs’ phase should take care of this, so you
> can remove this substitution and save two lines.
> 
> Ludo’.

It is needed.  Upstream USB_Modeswitch bundles jimtcl.  Its Makefile
uses jimsh0 from the bundled jimtcl, if possible, and replaces the
shebang using sed.  Therefore it seems right to use jimsh for Guix’
USB_ModeSwitch as well.

patch-shebang fails because the basename of #!/usr/bin/tclsh is not
jimsh.

patch-shebang: /gnu/store/24yzny7szv1fnmq6ci1x2ndyy7dzyigk-usb-modeswitch-2.5.2-dispatcher/bin/usb_modeswitch_dispatcher: warning: no binary for interpreter `tclsh' found in $PATH

Regards,
Florian