Subject: bug#35640: Make USB modems just work on Guix

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 07:31:58 +0200

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 08:26:07PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> However, I want to be able to do this setup graphically.  I made a
> second patch to propagate iso-codes (for mobile broadband country
> selection) and mobile-broadband-provider-selection (for selecting
> defaults for providers) in nm-connection-editor
> (network-manager-applet) and gnome-control-center.
>

I meant mobile-broadband-provider-info.

> Propagation is ugly though.  Should I try patching
> network-manager-applet instead?  I assume there are other packages
> doing such patching that I can imitate.
> 
>

There is a branch wip-gnome3.30.  Should I base the patch on
wip-gnome3.30 or on master?

> Preferrably, usb-modeswitch and
> usb-modeswitch-data would be packaged (as a single package).

There are two source URLs, so these two must be two packages, right?

Regards,
Florian