Subject: bug#35639: 27.0.50; tramp fails to use ssh on LibreCMC (no base64 encoder available, and not mentioned in tramp manual)

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 10:28:01 +0100

Jeronimo Pellegrini <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Jeronimo,

>> I would really like to have this solved in Emacs 27. If this is still
>> stalled, I could try to implement a patch myself. WDYT?
>
> There have been some complications on the University side here, and
> although we do have a plan and could make it work, it would probably take
> some more time (months, likely).

I'll prepare a patch along the sketch I've shown in my message from 12
May. Since I have no access to an LibreCMC machine, I would give it to
you for testing. Would this be OK?

> I am sorry that I couldn't get things to work in a mre timely way, and
> I hope this didn't cause much trouble.

No, it doesn't. But it will be useful to sort this out, for the case
you'll offer the next patch (which will be much appreciated).

> Jeronimo

Best regards, Michael.