Subject: Re: bug#35639: 27.0.50; tramp fails to use ssh on LibreCMC (no base64 encoder available, and not mentioned in tramp manual)

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 14:45:48 +0200

Jeronimo Pellegrini <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello again!

Hi Jeronimo,

>>Yes, something like this. Do you want to prepare such a patch (which
>>should also include the tramp.texi changes)?
>
> Sure!
>
> The documentation change in the same patch?

Yes, it belongs together.

>>Hmm, looks like this could extend the 15 lines limit, which is the
>>upper
>>limit for contributions to Emacs/Tramp, w/o having signed the FSF legal
>>papers (where you declare the copyright of your work be given to the
>>FSF). Would you like to sign such a paper? It would help also for
>>future
>>contributions to Emacs or one of its packages.
>
> Yes, of course! How do I do that?

I'll send you the papers off-list. In the meantime, you can read about
at <https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html>.

> J.

Best regards, Michael.