Subject: bug#35630: graphical install, no network device found (HP EliteDesk 800 G1)

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 13:32:59 +0200

Hi Florian,

thank you for pointing me to the right bug report!

I checked the bug reports list via web [1] but did not link
wpa-supplicant to my issue since I did not realized that such an issue
also affects wired connections

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I hope this is an instance of <https://issues.guix.info/issue/35550>,
> that is “herd status wpa-supplicant” shows that wpa-supplicant is
> stopped instead of running?  I hope there will be a new release soon
> where this is fixed.

yes, this is definitely an instance of #35550

I confirm I see the very same wpa_supplicant log messages in
/var/log/messages as reported by Sirgazil and pelzflorian

the following suggested workaround (in a text console activated via
CTRL-ALT-F3) works for me:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
pkill wpa_supplicant
herd start networking
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

after that I was able to restart the "Network interface" installer step
(by choosing "Exit" and selecting it again in the proposed dialog) and
was able to select the wired interface

Thanks! Gio'

[1] I'm going to subscribe bug-guix :-)

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures