Subject: 23.0.94; Elisp Intro manual: Lisp Interactive mode -> Interaction

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 11:06:20 -0700

(eintr)edebug says this:
 
"(By default, the `eval-defun' command works only in Emacs Lisp mode
or in Lisp Interactive mode.)"
 
There is no Lisp Interactive mode, at least none that I can find.
 
However, I see `lisp-interactive-mode' and
`lisp-interactive-mode-hook' quite a bit on the Web (e.g. Emacs
wiki). I think it is just a typo, but perhaps there is a library
somewhere that defines it.
 
In any case, to avoid possible confusion, this occurrence should be
fixed. It is the only occurrence I found when searching the GNU Emacs
Lisp sources and Emacs Info manuals.
 
In GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-05-24 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'