Subject: bug#35624: log-view-diff regression

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 00:52:49 +0300

On 22.05.2019 0:32, Juri Linkov wrote:
>> Not to mention that most users would not simply think to create an active
>> region before pressing 'd'.
> 
> This feature is documented.

Whatever new feature of 'd' would be documented as well.

>> It's better, but a) it shifts the buffer text by 1 pixel, which I actually
>> find annoying now that I look at the bottom entry that fits in that window,
> 
> My bottom line is partially visible in all buffers anyway.

It's not a huge issue, but I like the other options better.

>> b) from your side, it should look suboptimal as well, because the cursor is
>> basically invisible when it's on the top line (speaking of WYSIWYG).
> 
> Maybe just set window-start to the first non-empty line initially,
> thus moving the empty line out of screen?

Thought about this too. Could work, but the fact that it's not easy to 
"undo" the view if you pressed 'C-p' accidentally is a downside.

>> If you really must have it this way, do we have an example of invisible
>> text expanding when cursor moves inside, and then contracting when it's out
>> again? Meaning if would look like an empty line you wanted after you press
>> 'C-p', but not visible at all otherwise.
> 
> Yes, this is possible:

It almost works fine, but going from the second log entry to the first 
with 'p' while at bol leads to the first (empty) line becoming visible.