Subject: bug#35623: guix pull failed on RHEL7

From: Karrick McDermott <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 18:03:46 +0000

Note, I ran this with non privileged permissions, which might be wrong.  I am only sending this email because the program requested it.

[kmcdermo@kmcdermo-ld2 ~]$ uname -a
Linux kmcdermo-ld2.linkedin.biz 3.10.0-514.55.4.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 10 17:03:02 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[kmcdermo@kmcdermo-ld2 ~]$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   338defe
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'...  Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   222:29 19 (map1 (((guix i18n)) ((guix colors)) ((guix gexp)) (#) ?))
   222:29 18 (map1 (((guix colors)) ((guix gexp)) ((guix sets)) (#) ?))
   222:29 17 (map1 (((guix gexp)) ((guix sets)) ((guix utils)) (#) ?))
   222:29 16 (map1 (((guix sets)) ((guix utils)) ((guix store)) (#) ?))
   222:29 15 (map1 (((guix utils)) ((guix store)) ((guix config)) # ?))
   222:29 14 (map1 (((guix store)) ((guix config)) ((guix #)) ((?)) ?))
   222:29 13 (map1 (((guix config)) ((guix packages)) ((guix #)) # ?))
   222:29 12 (map1 (((guix packages)) ((guix profiles)) ((guix #)) ?))
   222:17 11 (map1 (((guix profiles)) ((guix derivations)) ((# #)) ?))
  2800:17 10 (resolve-interface (guix profiles) #:select _ #:hide _ # ?)
In ice-9/threads.scm:
    390:8  9 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  2726:13  8 (_)
In ice-9/threads.scm:
    390:8  7 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  2994:20  6 (_)
   2312:4  5 (save-module-excursion #<procedure 2adf2d0 at ice-9/boo?>)
  3014:26  4 (_)
In unknown file:
           3 (primitive-load-path "guix/profiles" #<procedure 292eae?>)
In ./guix/profiles.scm:
  1788:23  2 (_)
In ./guix/utils.scm:
   661:47  1 (xdg-directory _ "/.config" #:ensure? _)
In unknown file:
           0 (getpw 10452)

ERROR: In procedure getpw:
In procedure getpw: entry not found
-guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/4hsmk7kh62yvbi154pyy3nq8drml116a-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "338defe0cbe156e8416647035403fccf059555e0"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.0.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.