Subject: bug#35617: mml secure mode should copy headers to inside the cryptographic payload

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 16:12:45 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> It would be great if those preparations were to copy all the headers
>> from *outside* of the cryptographic protections (the "cryptographic
>> envelope") to the top-level part *inside* the cryptographic envelope, so
>> that they're covered by the cryptographic protections.
>
> You mean repeat all the headers in the body of the message?
>
> Is there an RFC for stashing headers in the body of messages and using
> those instead of the real headers when reading?  Because if not, this
> just sounds like it's going to be pretty confusing.

More information was requested, but no response was given within a
month, so I'm closing this bug report.  If there is such an RFC, please
reopen this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no