Subject: bug#35614: AUCTeX stopped working after upgrade: TeX-shdex-eval: Invalid dialect expression : :classopt.

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 18:06:05 +0900

Hi Jakub,

>>>>> Jakub Narębski <[email-masked]> writes:
> After upgrading AUCTeX using ELPA to version 12.1.2 it stopped working
> with the following error (after trying to turn on the latex-mode):

>   TeX-shdex-eval: Invalid dialect expression : :classopt.

It seems that you are using unupdated tex.el or tex.elc.  The
possibilities I can think of now are:
(1) Updating from ELPA is not complete for some reason, or
(2) In somewhere in the load-path of your emacs, stale version of
tex.el or tex.elc (or both) is left behind and used instead of the
updated one(s), or
(3) The elisp variable `TeX-style-hook-dialect-weight-alist' is
overwritten for some reason.

Can you first try updating from ELPA again?  If that doesn't resolve the
problem, please include the output of M-x TeX-submit-bug-report in your
reply.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita