Subject: bug#35609: 26.2; wdired-finish-edit clears find-dired listing

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:33:46 +0200

Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

> -        (forward-line)
> -	(beginning-of-line)))))
> +        (forward-line)))))
>
>  (defun wdired-get-previous-link (&optional old move)
>
> These lines are at the end of a while (not (eobp)) loop and, unless I'm
> overlooking something, prior to the change to find-dired-sentinel, the
> use of beginning-of-line here was a noop, since forward-line always puts
> point at BOL -- except when the buffer doesn't end with a newline, and
> that's why the change to find-dired-sentinel caused the find-dired hang.
> Thus, reverting the above three lines of the find-dired-sentinel change
> makes beginning-of-line in wdired-preprocess-symlinks strictly a noop,
> while retaining that change makes calling beginning-of-line harmful, so
> in any case that call should removed.  Or does anyone see a problem with
> that?

Yes, I think you're right -- removing that beginning-of-line is the
correct thing, no matter what.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no