Subject: 26.2; Calc temperature conversions

From: "Harris, Bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 19:33:28 +0000

I started Emacs from Cygwin with

$ /cygdrive/c/emacs/emacs-26.2-x86_64/bin/runemacs.exe  -Q

I typed C-x * * to start Calc.

I entered '10 degC' and then

u c degF

I got 18, not the expected 50.

>From *Calc Trail*:

Emacs Calculator Trail
alg' 10 * degC
cvun 18. * degF

In GNU Emacs 26.2 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2019-04-13 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: fd1b34bfba8f3f6298df47c8e10b61530426f749
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.17134
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Defining kbd macro...
C-x *  (Type ? for a list of Calc options)
Welcome to the GNU Emacs Calculator!  Press '?' or 'h' for help, 'q' to quit
Working...
Building units table...done
Quit [4 times]
Configured using:
'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
--without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
 menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils calc-units calccomp calc-arith
calc-misc calc-alg calc-ext calc-aent calc-menu easymenu calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs kmacro elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 134957 10618)
(symbols 48 23863 1)
(miscs 40 39 130)
(strings 32 37413 1399)
(string-bytes 1 950048)
(vectors 16 16436)
(vector-slots 8 524751 12824)
(floats 8 52 211)
(intervals 56 275 3)
(buffers 992 13))