Subject: Re: bug#35606: Gajim

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 21:40:37 +0200

Raghav, Clément, Ricardo, Guix,

Raghav Gururajan wrote:
> ## Versions
> - OS: Linux

Never heard of that OS…  ;-)

> - GTK+ Version: 3.24.7
> - PyGObject Version: 3.28.3
> - python-nbxmpp Version: 0.6.10
> - Gajim Version: 1.1.3

Thanks for these, but providing the output of ‘guix describe’ 
instead (and making sure both your system and user's packages have 
been fully updated to that version) would be even more 
informative.

> ## Traceback

I can't reproduce this, by the way (output below).  Gajim opens a 
window and a welcome wizard (which I close).  Then I'm left with 
the main window where all the menus work… but all options are 
greyed out (except a few under ‘View’).  So the programme isn't 
frozen, but I can't close it, not even using my window manager's 
key bindings.  Hence the SIGINT at the end.

Very strange.  Is anyone successfully using Gajim on Guix System? 
Clément?  Ricardo?

Kind regards,

T G-R

~ λ gajim
(..gajim-real-real:23682): dbind-WARNING **: 21:27:06.317: AT-SPI: 
Error retrieving accessibility bus address: 
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus 
was not provided by any .service files
creating /home/nckx/.config/gajim directory
creating /home/nckx/.cache/gajim directory
creating /home/nckx/.local/share/gajim directory
creating /home/nckx/.local/share/gajim/certs directory
creating /home/nckx/.local/share/gajim/debug directory
creating /home/nckx/.local/share/gajim/plugins_data directory
creating /home/nckx/.config/gajim/pluginsconfig directory
creating /home/nckx/.config/gajim/localcerts directory
creating /home/nckx/.cache/gajim/plugins_download directory
creating /home/nckx/.local/share/gajim/plugins directory
creating /home/nckx/.cache/gajim/avatars directory
creating /home/nckx/.config/gajim/theme directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File 
  "/gnu/store/lzzphfg2hf52h1cb2dbvz3qvz2ca26na-gajim-1.1.3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gajim/application.py", 
  line 221, in _activate
    self.interface.run(self)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/lzzphfg2hf52h1cb2dbvz3qvz2ca26na-gajim-1.1.3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gajim/gui_interface.py", 
  line 2550, in run
    app.plugin_manager = plugins.PluginManager()
  File 
  "/gnu/store/lzzphfg2hf52h1cb2dbvz3qvz2ca26na-gajim-1.1.3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gajim/plugins/helpers.py", 
  line 129, in __call__
    cls.instance = super(Singleton, cls).__call__(*args, **kwargs)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/lzzphfg2hf52h1cb2dbvz3qvz2ca26na-gajim-1.1.3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gajim/plugins/pluginmanager.py", 
  line 115, in __init__
    pc = self.scan_dir_for_plugins(path)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/lzzphfg2hf52h1cb2dbvz3qvz2ca26na-gajim-1.1.3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gajim/plugins/helpers.py", 
  line 114, in wrapper
    result = f(*args, **kwargs)
  File 
  "/gnu/store/lzzphfg2hf52h1cb2dbvz3qvz2ca26na-gajim-1.1.3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gajim/plugins/pluginmanager.py", 
  line 598, in scan_dir_for_plugins
    if not os.path.isdir(path):
  File 
  "/gnu/store/h8l1pby3cm6b4fxsfwwr65b4d1hyh6cs-python-3.7.0/lib/python3.7/genericpath.py", 
  line 42, in isdir
    st = os.stat(s)
TypeError: stat: path should be string, bytes, os.PathLike or 
integer, not NoneType
06/05/19 21:27:07 (E) gajim.notify Notifications D-Bus connection 
failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File 
  "/gnu/store/lzzphfg2hf52h1cb2dbvz3qvz2ca26na-gajim-1.1.3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gajim/notify.py", 
  line 96, in on_proxy_ready
    self.daemon_capabilities = proxy.GetCapabilities()
  File 
  "/gnu/store/f34bv1iaghh7hsymqm57abi8p1lyavv6-python-pygobject-3.28.3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gi/overrides/Gio.py", 
  line 204, in __call__
    None)
GLib.GError: g-dbus-error-quark: 
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name 
org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service 
files (2)
^CSIGINT/SIGTERM received
~ λ