Subject: bug#35586: SUMMARY (Re-Write)

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 19:21:34 -0400

**SUMMARY**

*ISSUES:*

When comparing to GNOME's Official Guidelines (https://wiki.gnome.org/D
esign/Apps), the package "gnome" that is used by service "gnome-
desktop-service-type" has the following issues.

1) The package names that belong to package "gnome" are not all
generic.

2) The package "gnome" does not contain all GNOME Core Applications.
Some are already packaged and some are not.

These causes the package "gnome" not to reflect its own package
description and thus affecting the user experience.

*TO-DOs:*

1) Change the package and application names of exsisting (already
packaged) GNOME Core Applications, to their generic names; according to
guidelines.

2) Re-compile the "gnome" package to include exsisting GNOME Core
Applications and remove unnecessary apps; according to guidelines.

3) Package missing GNOME Core Applications (using their generic names);
according to guidelines.

4) Re-compile the "gnome" package to include newly packaged GNOME Core
Applications; according to guidelines.

Therefore, final "gnome" package should contain all
packages/applications (with their respective names) according to GNOME
Core (https://download.gnome.org/core/).