Subject: Re: bug#35586: GNOME

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 11:05:34 +0200

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 03:51:54AM -0400, Raghav Gururajan wrote:
> On 5 May 2019 16:48, "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > You can also type both Epiphany and (your language’s translation of) 
> > Web in the GNOME Activities search bar to find Epiphany.  The same 
> > goes for Nautilus.  The terminal command is also still epiphany or 
> > nautilus. 
> >
> > I do not know if it is possible to give a package two names; I believe 
> > it is not. 
> 
> I understand what you are saying. It appears epiphany is the old name (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Web). Dev must have used epiphany now a days as a habit.
> 
> Also, the previous blog link you sent me, recommends to use generic names.
>

Maybe gnome-web could be the real package’s name and there could be a
package called epiphany that propagates gnome-web, like the gnome
meta-package does?  Same for nautilus etc.

Regards,
Florian