Subject: bug#35575: closed (Re: bug#35575: closing. bug has not reoccurred since)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 08:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35575: Some graphical programs borked with Guix on Arch

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35575: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35575
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35575: closing. bug has not reoccurred since
From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 19:31:44 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 1/4/20 12:53 am, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Is this still relevant?  I haven't heard reports about this in a long
> time, nor experienced it (anymore) on my super-experimental systems that
> switch LLVM and Mesa versions all the time.  So I think the issue might
> have been fixed upstream?

Closing because the issue seems to have only occurred once  a long time 
ago and may have been fixed up stream.

Subject: Some graphical programs borked with Guix on Arch
From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 17:58:13 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With Guix on Arch, Running Guix's Godot and cool-retro-term programs
results in a completely garbled GUI. Godot ran with OpenGL ES2 instead
of ES3 looks a bit better except the fonts fail to render correctly.
Cool-retro-term complains about how using a variable width font may
cause display alignment issues, although I'm not sure that is related.
Perhaps it indicates it is a font issue? The Arch versions work just
fine. I haven't installed Guix System  on this machine yet so I'm not
sure if they would work that way.

I have seen this kind of graphical artefact before with  KDE when I've
suspended my machine and it's come back all broken.. It may be related
to the fact that I have an AMD Radeon Fury X graphics card. (I haven't
explicitly installed any proprietary drivers; I think AMDGPU is free).

Any one have any clues on how to debug such a thing?

https://brendan.scot/p/borked-godot.png