Subject: Re: bug#35575: Some graphical programs borked with Guix on Arch

From: [email-masked] (Boris A. Dekshteyn)
Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 21:42:56 +1200

Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]> writes:

> Wow you are a genius, that fixed it. How did you know? Sorry I got no
> notification of your email, maybe because you emailed bug-guix instead
> of [email-masked].
>
> So that's fixed my issue but I wonder how it can be fixed in general so
> others don't have this issue.

I suspect that the problem is caused by the transition from llvm6 to
llvm7 in the mesa package.

So, i think, the right decision would be if mesa do check cache version
and invalidate it in case of mismatch. 

On the other side — Guix itself, like any other distribution, should not
change the contents of user's home directories. May be, proper solution
will be indicate in the ~guix pull --news~, like it's implemented in debian
or gentoo.

-- 
WBR, Boris Dekshteyn