Subject: bug#35560: GNOME Shell 3.28 crashes and suspends to RAM (!) after ejecting removable media

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2019 15:30:55 -0400

Earlier, I wrote:

> FWIW, I've found GNOME Shell to be quite solid on my X200, including
> since the 3.28 upgrade.  However, I run it under Wayland, by running
> "XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland exec dbus-run-session gnome-session" from a
> text console.  Perhaps that makes a difference?
>
>> The thing that’s really bad is that clicking on the eject icon of a
>> removal storage device in Files leads to a gnome-shell crash that’s
>> unrecoverable (“respawning too quickly”), followed by the laptop
>> entering suspend-to-RAM without prior notice (!):
>
> I just tried this, and it works fine for me.

I should also mention that unlike Timothy and Ricardo, I've *not* done
any cleaning of my GNOME-related configuration/state.  I also never
experienced the crashes that were apparently fixed by commit
c5db31d4141669d09c1cd8b37eb270c2fe23c7cf.

       Mark