Subject: Re: bug#35550: Installer: wpa_supplicant fails to start

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 09:53:54 +0200

Hi Florian,

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 12:21:26AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> It’d be great if you could do some testing with the patch below.  Then I
>> guess we’ll push a Shepherd release with this fix.
>> 
>
> The second patch (the one for Guix is the only one I have tested)
> works fine on the system which always failed before since sometime
> after 1.0.
>
> One time wpa-supplicant worked fine but it had an error establishing
> the internet connection, but I am quite certain it was an unrelated
> hardware issue.

Awesome, thanks for testing.

Note that I made similar changes in shepherd, which I’ll probably
release as 0.6.1 so we can use it in Guix 1.0.1:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/log

Ludo’.