Subject: Re: bug#35550: Installer: wpa_supplicant fails to start

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2019 14:49:55 +0200

Hi,

[email-masked] skribis:

> In my case, "wpa-supplicant" would *always* fail to start (I rebooted and tried the graphical installer around 4 times).

Could you check whether the sequence of events in /var/log/messages
always looks like the snippet I showed?

Could you also:

  1. Let the installation image boot;

  2. Confirm with ‘herd status wpa-supplicant’ that the ‘wpa-supplicant’
     service is marked as stopped (failed to start);

  3. Show the contents /var/run/wpa_supplicant.pid, and check whether
     they correspond to the PID of a running ‘wpa_supplicant’ process.

?

Besides, do you have a Guix(SD) installation, recent or not, that uses
wpa_supplicant?  If so, does it suffer from the same problem
(‘wpa-supplicant’ service fails to start)?

Thanks,
Ludo’.