Subject: bug#35540: Installer displays encrypted partition password entry in cleartext

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 20:14:46 +0200

Sorry for being late to the feedback party.

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 12:02:16PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I would perhaps add that checkbox only for the passphrase, in part

I disagree, people would expect it (and file bugs) for other passwords
for the same reasons (other people watching while you install Guix
vs. wanting to visually confirm you have not mistyped etc.)

> because when I test an install I prefer to have fewer keystrokes :-),
> but also because this might clutter dialog boxes and cause troubles:
> what if the translation of “Hide” is takes up more space? is it still
> going to fit?
>

German “Verbergen” is somewhat longer than “Hide”; I tried translating
it locally and it still fits perfectly on my low res AMD GPU screen.

When creating a user account, the translation for Home Directory
(“Persönliches Verzeichnis”) gets cut off to “Persönliches Verzeic”,
but I believe this is not important.

Regards,
Florian